Monday, March 29, 2010

California Central Bay: Log 1But i am so

O3/28/2010 Transcribed from Travel Journal

Beautiful

Mustard Greens

Yellow and Bright

We are in a field of them...we see them, smell them and had some for dinner. Salinas River Wildlife Refuge

Yesterday I thought about burdens...

About how the pack is too heavy for me and then I realized I had packed it. Nobody had packed it for me.

As I reflect on this trip...this walking, getting closer to God and developing as both an artist and as a Christian I am tempted to over anaylize. I want this to be so significant but maybe I need to learn how to just be. All day long I am walking and seeing in the things that I see metaphors for life...and in my mind I try to articulate these things so that they will bless and help other people. But you know what in all this, I am a spectator of my own life instead of being in the moment.

I think of yesterday at the ocean with Ellen...It felt like God was playing with us in the water...The waves came from all directions...each step (and you cannot see the bottom) is different...high water
low water and...that too feels like a metaphor.

God is like the ocean
or...
rather the ocean is like God

Because he made the ocean.

A challenge for sure (both God and the ocean)

but also a joy

deep
shallow
deep

splashing

This morning I washed dishes with God.

It was joyful
(as if)
God was saying
"What do you need a faucet for?
I'll rinse for you"

And so God rinsed the dishes for me.
Thank you Jesus

Had a nice conversation with a man here...

He seemed excited about what we are doing...

He said:

"You'll be fine. What you are doing now you'll (remember? appreciate?)

more than any dumb job.

Feels like maybe...

a lot of people do things for work that they feel alienated from
...that strikes me as being a form of prostitution.

I want a job that I believe in...

Here I am laying down on the cement writing. It is the front of a coffee shop that just closed.

Sun feels good
&
I know that when the sun goes down
again...it will
not be warm anymore.

basic
simple

feels like being connected to the body again.

Jesus....
Thank you for my parents
thank you for their
support and love.
I really want to make them proud.

I have been exclaiming some form of

"LOOK it's BEAUTIFUL"

all day long
&I hope that my comrades are not overtaxed

It has been hard carrying a lot of weight. My feet hurt but I am glad that I am out here doing this.

Open my heart
Jesus so that I can hear you.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment