Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cool Talking/Divine Meeting

Woman

5ft11in
not much more than 100lbs

approaches

me

She asks
AREyoujewish

and then speaks

to me in hebrew

before i can say

no i am not jewish by faith
only blood
perhaps

but then she
says

i love your necklace


and i say

tHank=yOu

She asks

ARE YOU MARRIED?

She tells me

about
dI VORCE
&
SADNESS

and how her faith is blood
without the heart


and how she cannot eat

i speak with her
about protein shakes&

my faith and how I am wearing
hanukuh candles, a star of david and a fish

because
i am Christian

she leaves
but later returns

because....

she has lost
a ring
most precious to her mother

she is distraught
and i am praying
more for her than for the ring

for the ring is only a symbol
of all the other things she has lost

i pray
and i help her look for the ring
and i tell her

you are more precious than the ring
and your mother would be more upset if something happened to you

she hugs me and again praises my necklace
i put it around her neck

praying that it goes around her heart also

No comments:

Post a Comment